How Can I Help?
TCA has only been able to maintain its commitment to excellence because of the selfless giving of our volunteers. Whether you can be a regular volunteer or can only help occasionally, our school will be blessed by your time and talent. There are multiple events, activities, and functions that occur around our campus on a daily basis and all of them need people to plan, setup, coordinate, and staff them. If you are interested in helping out please see the list of opportunities at the Volunteer Meeting hosted in August for more information or to sign up.
- Room Parent – This is one of our most important volunteers as they communicate closely with our teachers, passing on any needs, events, or activities that are happening in the classroom. Other helpful duties would be recess duty, grading, field trip driver, etc. They also assist the teacher with Curriculum Days and field trip planning if needed by their teacher.
- Lunch Room Helper – Set up the lunch tables, hand out hot lunches, help monitor tables, open containers and lunches for our younger students, wipe down and put away lunch tables.
- Hospitality Team – Help create a welcoming atmosphere at school events, such as Grandparents Day, Patriotic Ceremonies, clothing racks, lost n found, clean up, organizing front office. Help includes menu planning, food preparation, decorating, and welcoming visitors.
- TCA Garden – Volunteers will be picking a week that their family can observe the garden space. They will monitor how the plants are maintaining: if the leaves are changing colors, if they have any holes in it, if they are browning, if there are new insects coming into the garden, if there are plants missing, etc.
- Event Set-up and Tear Down – All school events require manual labor for set-up and tear down. Moms, Dads and responsible young people who are willing to arrive early and stay a little late are greatly appreciated.
- Substitute Teaching – College graduates may apply
- TCA Events – Father Daughter, Mother Son, Father Son, & Mother Daughter