|Grade||Application and Registration Fee*||2018-19 Tuition*|
|Preschool (3-4, 4-5) – 5 days half/full day||$300||$4,300/$5,500|
|Grades K – 6||$300||$5,750|
|Grades 7 – 8||$300||$6,550|
|Grades 9 – 12||$300||$7,350|
*Tuition and fee for each subsequent year will be determined by the Governing Board by December 31st.
It is the heart of the TCA Governing Board to keep tuition and fees as affordable as possible while still maintaining financial responsibility. Our hope is that no family will avoid enrollment due to our tuition and related costs. TCA founders are working tirelessly to find financial assistance and scholarships for families who desire a classical education and have a true financial need. Please see tuition assistance below.
Tuition Policy for TCA 2018-2019
Application and Re-enrollment for Returning Families:
- Re-enrollment opens February 19, 2018
- $300 per student with a $500 cap per family
- Returning families must reenroll by March 9, 2018, or forfeit their child’s spot
- Application /registration fee due at the time of re-enrollment and is non-refundable
Application and Enrollment for New Families:
- Enrollment opens March 12, 2018
- Applications will be reviewed in the order received
- $300 per student with a $500 cap per family
- Administration will review each application upon submittal
- The application/ registration fee is due at the time of acceptance and is non-refundable
Curriculum Fee for Students
(used to textbooks, class resources, and literature books for students)
- $50 Curriculum fee per student – Preschool – Grade 1
- $125 Curriculum fee per student – Grades 2 – 6
- $195 Curriculum fee per student – Grades 7 – 8
- $250 Curriculum fee per student – Grades 9 – 12
- Applications will be accepted without application fee due until spot becomes available
- Once a spot is available, TCA will call families in the order applications were received
- Families who do not submit the application fee within 48 hours of an opening will forfeit their place on the waiting list, and the next family on the wait list will be contacted
- Enrollment/Re-enrollment for FACTS opens March 15, 2018 and must be completed by May 31, 2018 to maintain the student’s spot.
- Tuition payments for the 2018-19 school year begin June 1 with the last payment in May 2019.
- Enrollment will be forfeited without enrollment in FACTS or full prepayment
- TCA offers several options regarding payment of tuition:
- 11-month payment plan (must be set up through FACTS)
- Bimonthly and quarterly payment plans available through FACTS
- Full year tuition may be paid by May 15th using a cashier’s check
Discounts will be offered as outlined below:
- 5% discount on tuition for second child enrolled
- 10% discount on tuition for third child enrolled
- 15% discount on tuition for forth and subsequent children enrolled
- Once a child is enrolled at The Classical Academy of Sarasota and the academic year has begun, tuition must be paid for the entire year in which the student is in attendance, even if the student is un-enrolled for any reason. See Enrollment Agreement.
- Application/enrollment fee due at time student is enrolled or re-enrolled
- If paid by Step up, the Application/Enrollment fee will be credited to the family’s account when the first Step-up payment has been received (first payment typically in September)
- Additional tuition amount not covered by Step-up will be made in monthly payments through FACTS. You must enroll through FACTS and the first payment due September 1, 2018
- TCA will be able to accept students who receive McKay Scholarships
- TCA will only accept students whose educational needs can be met by the school
- Students and parents who are eligible to receive the McKay Scholarship will be required to meet with the Principal to determine acceptance
- Please keep in mind TCA’s rigorous standards when considering the school as an option for your McKay student
It is recommended that families with financial need apply for the Step-Up for Students scholarship
Step-Up for Students
Step up for students is a school choice organization awarding private school scholarships to qualifying households in the state of Florida. Families and students must qualify for the scholarship and apply directly to SUFS. Students must be accepted at The Classical Academy of Sarasota before the scholarship is awarded. Families applying to SUFS for the first time must meet the following qualifications:
- The student must be entering Kindergarten (those children must be five years old on or before September 1) through 12th grade.
- The family must be at or below the income guidelines outlined in the Step Up for Students website: www.stepupforstudents.org.
For further information, please contact TCA or visit www.stepupforstudents.org