How Can I Help?
TCA has only been able to maintain its commitment to excellence because of the selfless giving of our volunteers. Whether you can be a regular volunteer or can only help occasionally, our school will be blessed by your time and talent. There are multiple events, activities, and functions that occur around our campus on a daily basis and all of them need people to plan, setup, coordinate, and staff them. If you are interested in helping out please see the list of opportunities below and stop by the front desk for more information or to sign up. Most volunteers opportunities fall under the umbrella of our incredible Parent Volunteer Organization (PVO). They can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Room Parent – This is one of our most important volunteers as they communicate closely with our teachers, passing on any needs, events, or activities that are happening in the classroom. They also assist the teacher with Curriculum Days and field trip planning
- Lunch Room Helper – Set up the lunch tables, hand out hot lunches, help monitor tables, open containers and lunches for our younger students, wipe down and put away lunch tables
- Event Set-up and Tear Down – All school events require manual labor for set-up and tear down. Moms, Dads and responsible young people who are willing to arrive early and stay a little late are greatly appreciated
- Hospitality and Decorations – Help create a welcoming atmosphere at school events, such as Grandparents Day, Fall Festival, Patriotic Ceremonies, etc. Help includes menu planning, food preparation, decorating, and welcoming visitors.
- Gala Committee – TCA’s Annual Gala is our one big fundraising event. We need help in multiple areas, including securing auction items, soliciting business sponsors, promotion materials and marketing, etc.
- Box Tops and Labels of Education – This is a wonderful way for TCA to raise additional funds at no cost to parents. We need help preparing the labels for submission each quarter.
- Classroom Volunteer – Volunteering specific to your child’s classroom (recess duty, grading, field trip driver, etc.) will be coordinated through the Room Parent or Classroom Teacher
- Substitute Teaching – College graduates may apply